Road Cycling Safety Tips:
- Scan the pavement for children and elderly pedestrians they often walk out into the road without looking. With a little experience you can tell who is likely to step out in front of you.
- Slow down around schools.
- Be alert around factories and pubs, especially at their respective opening and closing times
- Try anticipate the actions of animals, but expect the unexpected. Cats sometimes bolt between the wheels of a bike while dogs seem especially keen to chase or race cyclist.
- Be aware that some car drivers tend to open their door to exit the vehicle without first checking behind them.